A set of the most common sizes in Japanese Chef Knives.These beautiful knives comes with a wooden handle. They are available in either Exotic Woods, Native Ancient Irish woods or modern materials even carbon fibre. The knife is constructed using the Japanese technique of Suminagashi (floating Ink or ink marbling) giving the outer layer a texture with a San Mai (three layer) Construction. The outer layers on either side of the cutting egde (core) are rust resistance and flexable with the metal folded and forge welded over and over to give the Suminagashi effect. The San maison design is a three layer like a sandwich of steel the outer Stainless Steel layers are corrosion resistant and the core steel from VG10 Steel a very high performance steel renowned for its razor like sharpness giving you a easy to sharpen yet tough enough to withstand a professional kitchen environment. Each knife is handmade and finished to a very high standard in my forge/studio in Kilkenny Ireland.
1. Suminagashi San Mai Paring 7" total length, blade length 3”
2. Suminagashi San Mai Petty Knife 8.5" total length blade length 4 5/8”
3. Suminagashi San Mai Petty Knife 10" total lengh blade length 6"
4. Suminagashi San Mai Santuko 11 1/2" total length blade length 7”
5. Suminagashi San Mai Chef Knife 12 3/4" Total length blade length 8 3/16"